The Tastiest Iced Tea Recipes
As the frost begins to thaw and the weather begins to warm, we trade out our piping hot tea for refreshing blends that can help us cool off in the heat. Summertime is synonymous with iced tea and nothing is more refreshing than a glass of tasty herbal or true teas with ice cubes and fruit.
The beauty of iced tea is that it's versatile and can be made to suit any flavor preferences. You can opt for unsweetened tea or a southern sweet tea to satisfy a sweet tooth. Whip up earthy and spiced flavors using ginger and black tea or vegetal and herbaceous blends using a green tea base. We'll help you discover your new favorite iced tea with these tasty recipes.
Looking for teas to brew into iced tea blends? Check out our collection of the best tea flavors for iced tea right here.
The Best Iced Tea Recipes
Arnold Palmer (Lemonade Ice Tea)
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup of sugar (cane sugar or simple syrup)
- 4 large lemons or 5 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons black tea leaves or two large black tea bags
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Start by heating 2 cups of water in a large saucepan on the stove. Add in the sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Juice the lemons and add to a pitcher. Remove the sugar mixture for heat, let cool to room temperature and add to the lemon juice pitcher.
- In a separate saucepan, bring 3 cups of water to a rapid boil. Add the black tea to the boiling water and remove from heat.
- Steep the tea in the hot water for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the tea and cool to room temperature.
- Combine the lemonade mixture and the tea mixture in a serving pitcher. Serve over ice and garnish with a slice of lemon.
Hibiscus Pomegranate Cold Brew Iced Tea
Cold brewing is a tea brewing technique that involves steeping tea in cold water for several hours. It's a different take on tea making that combines ideas from sun tea and traditional hot tea brewing. This tasty recipe features sweet and tart notes and a stunning magenta hue.
- 4 cups water
- 4 teaspoons Cup & Leaf Egyptian Hibiscus Petal Tea leaves
- 1 large pomegranate or 1 cup of pomegranate juice
- Add cold water, pomegranate, and tea leaves to a large glass jar.
- Set in the refrigerator for 8 to 10 hours.
- Sweeten using a simple syrup if desired and serve over ice cubes in tall glasses.
Strawberry, Chamomile, and Basil Iced Tea
- 1 handful large strawberries, sliced
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 4 teaspoons Cup & Leaf Egyptian Chamomile Tea leaves
- 4 cups hot water
- Ice cubes
- Lemon for garnish
- Bring water to a rapid boil in a saucepan on the stove.
- Add in tea, basil, and sugar if desired. Remove from heat and steep until the mixture cools to room temperature.
- Strain leaves and add in strawberries. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve over ice cubes.
Mint and Lime Iced Tea
This mint iced tea features a refreshing and tingling flavor. The lime adds a tart dimension to mint tea that helps you cool off in on hot summer days.
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 4 large limes or 5 teaspoons of lime juice
- 4 teaspoons white tea
- Ice cubes
- Bring water to 150 to 170 degrees Fahrenheit using a temperature-controlled tea kettle, heat-proof pitcher, or a pan on the stove.
- Remove from heat and steep the white tea for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Strain tea leaves and add mint leaves. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Pour into a large glass pitcher and squeeze in the juice from the limes.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve over ice cubes and garnish with a lime slice and sprig of mint.
Sip Summertime Sweetness With Iced Tea
Enjoy a cold glass of iced tea as you write down your private notes in a journal or enjoy a good book by the pool. Brew up family size pitchers of iced tea that you can enjoy everyday or serve at a garden tea party. You can also turn these into healthy recipes by limiting the sugar and adding ingredients such as fruit, herbs, and spices. Focus on flavors you love and follow these recipes to brew the perfect iced tea every time.
You might like...
Click the button below to unlock 10% off your first tea order!Unlock Coupon