How To Make Iced Green Tea
As the season for hot tea melts away, it's time to start brewing delicious iced teas. Replace your favorite hot brew with an iced variety that can help you cool off and celebrate the warmer months.
Classic iced tea recipes such as southern sweet tea mainly call for using black teas. Mix it up this summer with iced green tea. It delivers flavor ranging from grassy and vegetal to roasted and earthy. Plus it pairs perfectly with additions such as fresh fruit, ginger slices, mint, and lemon. Learn how to make iced green tea using these recipes and brew up the perfect summertime beverage.
Looking for tasty green teas to brew into refreshing iced drinks? Check out our collection of the best green teas for iced tea right here.
Iced Green Tea Recipe
This iced tea recipe is the perfect choice for a simply green tea recipe that you can enjoy every day. It's a great way to discover the health benefits and exquisite flavor profile of green tea.
- 3 teaspoons loose leaf tea (green tea variety of your choice)
- 3 cups of water
- Mint leaves
- 1 large lemon or two tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat water to 150 to 170 degrees Fahrenheit. Do not use boiling water to brew green tea as it can develop bitter flavors at higher temperatures.
- Add in the green tea leaves and mint leaves and steep for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the leaves and cool the tea concentrate until it reaches room temperature.
- Add the lemon slices or lemon juice.
- Place the large pitcher in the refrigerator for later use or serve immediately over ice.
- Garnish with lemon slices and a few fresh mint leaves.
Cold Brew Iced Green Tea Recipe
This recipe brews green tea leaves or green tea bags into a deliciously refreshing iced tea. Instead of using hot water, we'll steep the leaves for a few hours in cold water. This method is known as cold brewing. The total time for brewing is longer since cold water takes longer to develop flavor, but the process is still simple.
- 3 teaspoons loose leaf green tea
- 3 cups water
- Fruit (optional)
- Fill a large nonreactive container with cold spring water. We recommend using a glass jar like a mason jar.
- Add in the tea leaves or tea bags and set the pitcher in the refrigerator. Add in optional fruit or flavorings.
- Allow the tea to steep for 8 to 10 hours to develop flavor.
- Remove tea bags or tea leaves. Sweeten using only simple sugar or another liquid sugar option. Granulated sugar won't dissolve completely in cold water.
- Serve over ice cubes and enjoy on a hot day.
Brew Iced Green Tea
Iced green tea is easy to brew at home using loose tea or tea bags. You can find your favorite green teas at tea shops, grocery stores, and right from our collection. Opt for Chinese green teas for toasted flavors or choose Japanese varieties for sweet and savory tastes.
You might like...
Click the button below to unlock 10% off your first tea order!Unlock Coupon