Honey Iced Tea Recipes For A Sweet Summer
Honey iced tea is a classic beverage that delivers flavor and sweetness to satisfy sweet cravings. This tasty tea offers a simple background that allows you to experiment with flavors. True tea leaves can be added for a classic tea drinking experience or you can liven things up by adding fresh fruit and herbal tisanes.
We've thrown together a few delicious honey iced tea recipes for you to try. You'll find the perfect balance of sweetness, tart flavors, and piquant notes for your taste buds.
Honey, Chamomile, And Mint Iced Tea
- 8 cups of cold water
- 2 teaspoons Cup & Leaf Peppermint Tea
- 2 teaspoons Cup & Leaf Egyptian Chamomile Tea
- 1/4 cup honey
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Bring water to a rapid boil in a pot on the stove.
- Remove the boiling water from heat and add in the peppermint and chamomile teas. Steep for 5 to 10 minutes. The longer the steeping time, the stronger the tea flavors.
- Remove the tea leaves and add in the honey. Let the mixture cool to room temperature before transferring to a large glass pitcher.
- Serve over ice cubes and garnish with a sprig of mint.
Ginger and Honey Iced Tea
- 8 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons Cup & Leaf Thai Ginger Tea
- 2 teaspoons Cup & Leaf Earl Grey Tea
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 2 teaspoons finely sliced ginger
- 2 lemons - finely sliced
- A dash of lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- Bring water and honey to a rapid boil in a large saucepan.
- Remove from heat and add in the tea leaves. Steep the black tea leaves for 4 to 5 minutes and steep the ginger tea leaves for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Let the tea concentrate cool to room temperature before pouring it into a large pitcher and add a dash of lemon.
- Add in the ginger lemon slices and serve over ice cubes in tall glasses.
Sugar Honey Iced Tea
This tasty tea is inspired by pop culture. According to Urban Dictionary and Wiktionary, this phrase is a polite way of making an exclamation when you can't swear. It's similar in meaning to "oh shoot" and it's even appeared in wildly popular movies. Just check out the Madagascar Sugar Honey Ice Tea lyrics if you don't believe us.
Now, you can enjoy a tasty tea treat while enjoying this fun phrase. In the spirit of Madagascar, we've chosen a tasty African tea to highlight this beverage. Rooibos tea is cultivated exclusively in South Africa and features a taste similar to cranberries.
- 8 cups of water
- 5 teaspoons Cup & Leaf Organic Rooibos Tea4 teaspoons raw honey
- A dash of brown sugar
- Bring water and sugar to a rapid boil in a large saucepan.
- Add in the loose leaf tea and raw honey. Stir well and steep the leaves for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Strain the leaves and let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Serve over ice cubes and garnish with a mint leaf or cinnamon stick.
Sweet Summertime Teas
Summertime teas are so much more than a sweet tea recipe or an Arnold Palmer. As always, we recommend using loose leaf tea instead of tea bags — like those from Lipton — when brewing honey iced teas. That's because loose leaf teas deliver better flavor, higher quality, and a more well-rounded tea drinking experience.
Whether you're sipping tea on the sunny shores of California or from the high desert of Africa, you're sure to lose these honey iced tea recipes. If you want more creative ideas on how to take your honey iced tea to the next level, check out recipes from Martha Stewart, Southern Living, or MyRecipes.
Feel free to get creative and turn your normal iced tea into tea smoothies. With these basic recipes, it's real simple to spruce things up by adding your favorite fruits and vegetables. You can also pair it with green tea, pu-erh tea, or any of your favorite tea types.
Honey is also gluten-free and available in organic and sustainably made varieties, making it the perfect addition to tea for eco-conscious drinkers. It's packed with health benefits and a better choice than sugar-laden soft drinks in the hot heat of summer. Drink a few glasses of iced tea and enjoy the sweet taste of honey this summer.
You might like...
Click the button below to unlock 10% off your first tea order!Unlock Coupon