Sleepy Golden Milk Paste Tea Recipe
Golden milk tea is a spirited tea made from the brilliantly-colored turmeric spice, milk, and tea leaves. The tea is traditionally brewed using a handmade golden milk paste and involves a short prep time. We've put together a delicious golden milk paste recipe that you can whip up at home in no time. It's gluten-free and can be adjusted for vegan and vegetarian needs. Learn more about this stunning tea and use our recipe to reap the health benefits.
What Is Golden Milk?
Golden milk is also known as turmeric milk. It's a vibrant blend of fresh turmeric powder, milk, and other spices including ground black pepper. The milk mixture is often blended with tea leaves to create a healthy tea with potent benefits. Some of the health benefits of turmeric tea include decreased inflammation, improved memory, and lower risk of heart disease. The tea boasts anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce symptoms of joint pain and reduce the risk of serious disease and health conditions. Most of these health benefits have been attributed to the active ingredient in turmeric known as curcumin.
Turmeric tea traces its roots to India where the spice plays an integral part in the Asian cuisine. The spice is commonly ground up with coconut oil or olive oil and turned into a thick paste. The golden paste can then be used in baked goods and fried meals. The tea is also wildly popular in Indian Ayurvedic medicine where it is used as a home remedy for a variety of ailments.
Sleepy Golden Milk Recipe
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 4 ounces of water
- 1 tablespoon Cup & Leaf Egyptian Chamomile Tea
- 1 cup of milk of your choice (dairy or plant-based such as almond milk or coconut milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric or 1/2 teaspoon turmeric paste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger powder or 1 1-inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon raw honey or maple syrup (optional)
- A dash of ground cinnamon for garnish (optional)
1. Use a small saucepan to bring the water to a near boil. Turn the stove down to low heat and steep the chamomile tea leaves for 4 minutes. Discard the chamomile when it is done steeping using a fine mesh strainer.
2. Meanwhile, cook the milk in a separate pan until it's medium warm.
3. Mix together the turmeric, ginger and black pepper in a bowl.
4. In a blender combine the chamomile tea, warmed milk mixture, and golden milk spices. Blend until frothy and taste. Add honey if desired and enjoy.
5. Serve in a glass jar or glass teacup to enjoy the visually pleasing hue of the tea.
Be Vibrant With Golden Milk Tea
Our golden milk tea recipe combines organic turmeric powder with milk and our Egyptian chamomile tea leaves. The result is a vibrantly hued drink with hints of spice and floral flavors. Discover your new favorite tea and whip this recipe up today.
You might like...
Click the button below to unlock 10% off your first tea order!Unlock Coupon